Monday, 31 October 2011

Rajasthan Pictures Pt.1

Monkey Temple in Jaipur - Feeding the Monkeys was so much fun!


A monkey feeding Jake

We went to the movies in Jaipur to see the new huge Bollywood Blockbuster RA-ONE starring the 'King of Bollywood' Sharukh Khan. He's so dreamy! Anyway, during the intermission, yes all India movie theaters have intermissions, this crowd of young men decided to have a photoshoot with me. Jake did his best to capture the awkward moment.

 
Here Jake looks to be having the time of his life at this odd Rajasthani carnival in Jaipur. There were games to play like a carnival you would go to in Canada (i.e. throwing darts at a balloon) but there were no prizes?!? You could also ride a ferris wheel, a camel or an elephant!

Very itnteresting dance number at the carnival. This girl would whirl around with this huge pot on her head then go and stand on something different whether it was a bowl, some knives or tall cups then stomp her feet. I don't know.  

Our prison cell on that bus hah
The sign from that restaurant Jake mentioned.
A debate: Jake believes that the at home we put pepper into the shaker with more holes on top and I think this is not the case. I believe that, like India, we put salt into the shakers with more holes. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. After a mild debate, Tyler and I have decided that Erin is right. Sorry Jake. I am going to check when I get home though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie sides with Jake and Pete sides with Erin ... so we asked google and it turns out it is quite the debate: http://www.wisegeek.com/which-has-more-holes-the-salt-shaker-or-the-pepper-shaker.htm

    ReplyDelete