Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Vietnam Pictures!

Saigon City traffic (South Vietnam). Everyone is either riding a bike or sleeping
on one! (next photo)

Bun Rieu (pronounced boon zee-o!) Ingredients: rice noodles, tomato, tofu cubes, pureed
crab meat, and a bunch of fresh herbs and greens. 

Bun thang. Ingredients: egg omelette strips, slivers of home-cured pork and chicken,
onions and herbs and prawn meat all arranged around a shitake mushroom
This little firecracker somehow managed to sell Jake and I a pack of gum.
The Reunification Palace (formerly The Presidential Palace) in Saigon. Jake was very
excited to see this site so I had him pose in front of many different backdrops.
Here he is in front of one of the tanks that busted down the wall of the Palace
courtyard at 11:30am on April the 30th 1975 (Jake is going to be impressed that I remembered that).
Jake and I hanging out with Uncle Ho (Ho Chi Minh)
Jake in front of.... an office?
Jake in front of the movie theater found within the Palace.

The Palace had a little garden where I found a friend.
Our favourite restaurant in Mui Ne (Beach town located east of Saigon) had
not only great food but great company!

The other restaurants featured some less appetizing dishes

Interesting fishing boat



We rented a double kayak assuming there would be a cover
or our legs. Whoops!
Luckily I had SPF 60 on everywhere else!

Opera house located in the French Quarter of Hanoi (North Vietnam).

I'm not exactly sure what was going on but this woman was being
photographed and I thought she was very elegant so I asked to take a
photo as well!

Jake enjoying his cappuccino.




 Mi Xao Ga - Friend noodles with chicken and vegetables.

Hitler cat!



We like this picture because it's a perfect shot at a typical Jake
and Erin dinner. 
We rented a bike in Ninh Binh (South of Ha Noi) and today marks the first
day we had rain since beginning our trip on October 4th. Yay!
Beautiful temples and scenery at a Hoa Lu

Jake doesn't find this picture funny but I think it's hilarious!
My favourite picture of the day

1 comment:

  1. cutest pic of the day = erin and the gum selling firecracker

    funniest quote = jake in front of an office?

    best pic = erin with hat and balanced food

    most hilarious pic = erin trying to move the statue (come on jake)

    prettiest pic = tree

    most random = pretty girl in dress

    ReplyDelete